MSC IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
An Overview of the Degree
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship is ideal for ambitious recent graduates from diverse academic disciplines, who intend to launch their own business or become actively involved in supervising a family business.
It is also for entrepreneurs who wish to enlarge their business at any stage of its life cycle, and vibrant professionals who intend to incorporate entrepreneurial thinking into their future management career.
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship places a strong emphasis on balancing research-led teaching with experiential learning (consulting for small-business owners, preparation for joining an accelerator, field trips) to guide students through the process of starting their own venture. The program focuses on:
- Innovative talent and global leadership
- Venturing resources and enterprise growth
- Policy innovation and competitivenessAssessment of modules on the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship, in most cases, is by means of coursework and unseen examination. Coursework may consist of standard essays, individual and group presentations, group reports, class work, unseen tests and problem sets.
You will study core management and specialist entrepreneurship modules, and learn how to creatively apply your knowledge in practical situations.
Why should I apply to the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship programs
Master of Science in Entrepreneurship students had the chance to interact with entrepreneurs and innovators at every stage of their journeys from superb start-ups to fully fledged global corporations.
You will have the opportunity to participate in pitches and competitions, management consultancy simulation with real companies, real-world, international case studies to support your learning.
The goal of the program is to prepare young innovative graduates to become entrepreneurial leaders in a global setting.
Under the guidance of world-class professors and expert practitioners, students will learn how to identify, create and exploit entrepreneurial opportunities.
Schools also offer various electives to choose from.
The following are few of the elective courses which a candidate studying Master of Science in Entrepreneurship can choose:
Duration of Master of Science in Entrepreneurship programs
Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship Programme is one academic year’s duration in some institutions and 24 months in others. There is an intermix of core courses, which are compulsory and elective courses, which can be chosen from another MSc Programme. The program terminates with a master thesis project.
Admission requirement for Master of Science in Entrepreneurship programs
- Transcript/interim transcript
- Personal statement (500-600 words)
- A completed application form.
- Documents also required (may follow at later date)
- IELTS, if reports available
- Two references, one of which MUST be an academic referenceWork experience is not a requirement, but please provide details of the relevant experience that might enhance your profile. This information will be included in your CV which is required for all applications.
Some schools will require holders of a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an international institution – 2:1 honors or above.
There is a two-step process for applying to MSc Entrepreneurship.
- A first selection is made based on the evaluation of your application and supporting documents. (Essays, LOR, Resume)
- The pre-selected candidates will then be invited for a face-to-face or Skype interview.Selection is done on the basis of the overall profile including test scores, extracurriculars and previous work experience (if any). Any experience as a start-up owner is an added advantage.
Do I need a GMAT/GRE scores?
1.GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report is a prerequisite for some courses, especially the top ones
2.English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge) may also be needed
Also, to be on the safer side to get interview call from top 5 ranked college for Master of Science in Entrepreneurship a score of 680 in GMAT or 325 in GRE is preferable.
Here is an example of the class profile of a top 10 Master of Science in Entrepreneurship Programs on a global scale
Class size: 93
Median GMAT – 710
Average Work experience – 1 Year
Average Age Range – 21-29
Average International Students – 85%
Background of Student – Management (42%), Engineering (31%), Economics (20%), Others (7%).
Some of the top employers hiring from Masters in Entrepreneurship are Barclays Bank, Citi, Bank of China, Moody’s Cooperation, Flint Capital, Landmark Partners.
Job functions: 60% financial services; 35% consulting and 5% others
Financial Service sector: BNP Paribas, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, State Street Corporation.
Audit sector: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (E&Y), Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG), Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Banking Sector: HSBC, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Chase, and Barclays.
Average Master of Science in Entrepreneurship Salary
For the year 2016, a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship graduates from top B-School starting average salary was 67000 Euros with graduates finding the job all over the world.
Average Salary after 3 years of graduation is more than 92000USD
The employment rate is around 97% within 4 months of graduation and 65% have more than 2 job offers to choose from.
EDUNIVERSAL TOP MASTER IN SCIENCE ENTREPRENEURSHIP 2017
You can also check out the University of Surrey Masters in Entrepreneurship which is making waves on a global scale.
Want to know which college is the best fit for you to do a Master in Entrepreneurship?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!